The Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service (GES) has secured an agreement with the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) for a free-to-air 24-hour dedicated channel for the broadcast of educational materials beginning April 3, 2020.
The channel, known as Ghana Learning TV, will initially broadcast educational materials for senior high school (SHS) students, while content for the Junior High School (JHS ) and basic school students follow in due course.
The Director-General of the GES, Prof. Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, in an interview with the Daily Graphic on Tuesday, March 31, said in addition to the television, the ministry and the GES, in collaboration with the Ministry of Communications, was finalising discussions with the GBC for a dedicated nationwide broadcast on radio.
He explained that the arrangement was that whatever was broadcast on the television “is also made available on radio for a wider reach to the students.”
He added: “In doing this, we have selected a number of master trainers and master teachers to support in delivery and production; we are working closely with our teachers to produce the content for both television and radio,” he explained.
Prof. Opoku-Amankwa added that the content was based on the new curriculum produced by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) and content from other sources including scholastic in literacy and numeracy for the KG pupils.
Follow the instructions below to access the Icampus platform:
- Visit icampusgh.com
- Enter your BECE index number as your username. Note. For SHS 3 students, add 17 to the index number E.g. 309074025 then 17 to read 30907402517
- Enter ghana@12345 as your default password and click on log in.
- You will be required to change the default password before you can continue using the platform.
- Click on View all courses to see the subjects available. Click on any of the courses available and enroll.
Benefits of the platform
- Access to all core subjects and selected electives.
- Access to video lessons and lessons notes.
- Access to virtual labs and simulations (in some instances)
- Access to online Test after every lesson.
Kindly pass the information to all senior high school students. Thank you